top of page

Crasken hell, part 8 - Confrontation

To be honest, the constant hassle and abuse, followed by the ruination of much of my belongings, including valuable books, was getting to me. I was forever being told how Tammy hated me and wanted me dead, etc. In the meantime, friends were telling me to fight back, pointing out how much I knew about the place; that I could be their downfall. “Many people had suffered and (I) was in a position to put a stop to it all”. One, I was told, had even committed suicide after they were hounded and their belongings had literally been thrown off the farm. I took it all on board and decided to declare war. I was by now also being accused of theft, of scrap that was laying around the farm! Scrap that I had been asked to clear.

Rightly or wrongly, I telephoned the local council to inform them of what I knew. Not only were the council being defrauded of monies to pay for a mobile home that was uninhabitable, but they were also paying rent for a number of people that did not actually live at Crasken Farm. On top of that, more than one ‘resident’ was ‘claiming’ from the same mobile home address.

I telephoned the RSPCA about the animal abuse. I telephoned the Social Services to inform them of the condition Duncan’s brother, Simon, was living in. Simon has mental health issues which manifest in his harming himself. He was left in a room to fend for himself. He had money taken from him and given one microwave meal a day, which he often did not have due to his inability to work the microwave oven. He was supposed to be being cared for by an equally obnoxious couple, who merely took his money to, as far as I can make out, feed their coke habit. Simon wasn’t locked up, though. He had free range of the farm. The hippies on the farm used to look out for him, but they had all been compelled to leave. The communal area had been rented out to a pensioner’s day care business. No-one was left to watch out for Simon.

Besides Simon, there was the issue of the baby that was clearly unwanted. Tammy would rarely be seen with the child. Duncan appeared to be doing everything. Luke and his family originally moved into the granary opposite Tammy and Duncan. They heard the daily commotion; the screaming tantrums Tammy had as she vented on Duncan. They were also able to see the older child shut up alone with the baby at the window of their home on occasions. I spoke to Social Services about that, too.

I telephoned the Health and Safety Executive to inform them of the terrible condition of the farm, particularly the café area. I telephoned the Trading Standards Authority, again, about the condition of the farm.

And finally, I telephoned the Inland Revenue to inform them of the various businesses that were being run that had never paid a penny in taxes.

In short, I telephoned every state authority that I could think of. Except the police. I never grassed on Duncan’s Cannabis operation. I did contact the police, eventually, though. That was when the abuse threatened to become physical. The abusive visits started to be accompanied by large men, purportedly Russian heavies.

Sadly, there was an incident that turned violent. Cheddar and I arrived at the ‘round’ on some errand or something. Skippy had laid out a load of small rocks that spilled onto the trackway. I called over to Skippy advising him of the danger that his rocks presented. It was difficult to hear what was being said, so I went over to him, repeating myself. Skippy became annoyed and aggressive. He shoved me, causing me to trip over the very rocks that I was complaining about. I grabbed Skippy as I tumbled, pulling him down with me. There then ensued a bout of fisticuffs. I inflicted some serious bruising on Skippy’s face, before Cheddar was able to drag him from atop me.

Skippy, of course, went crying to Tammy. Next, the police arrived. I locked my caravan up and informed them that I was who they were likely looking for. They confirmed that they had been called about the fight. I went with them to the police station and gave a statement. After a couple of hours of investigation, I was released. There was no charge as they had established through interviews with witnesses that I had been assaulted and had defended myself. Tammy was livid!

One evening, a car appeared. From which several men alighted. One shone a powerful torch at me. Luke had spotted them and concerned, came to my aid. He just happened to have a bigger torch and used it to blind the torch bearer. While this was going on, one of the men told me that I had 24 hours to leave. I asked him to identify himself. He said that he didn’t need to.

The next day, the men reappeared. Again, Luke was on hand. I telephoned the police who arrived and sent the men packing.

A couple of days later, Luke ‘phoned me, telling me that the men had returned and were trying to move my horse trailer that I had moved back up the ‘drove’ ready to be taken to a friend who had agreed to store it on his land. I rushed up to meet them. The leader, who on this occasion was clearly rushing on Cocaine was so irratic that his mates were left embarrassed and not knowing what to do. Duncan appeared and tried to reason with him. The cokehead was so determined to show some sort of strength that no-one could keep a handle on him. He couldn’t move my horse trailer, he didn’t know how to, so dragged a couple of the dumped trailers that had nothing to do with me around the corner, dumping them when he could get no further, blocking the lane at the side of the farm buildings!

Luke supported me as I reasoned with Duncan. I explained that I was just about ready. I had a few more things to do to make sure that my pitch was clear. The caravan was moveable. He asked me to get gone the next day and not to worry about any mess. I agreed.

292 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page