Stable door - lower section, part 1
It took me a while to get started on this project today. I have a routine when I get up: Priority - tea! Give the cats some biscuits (Failure to do so is met with a constant meow and hassle until ‘Queen’ Arian is satisfied!) Then get dressed, medicine brew, clean out burner and reload, sweep out caravan, wash, tea. Then wood forage, cut, chop and stack. Once my chores are done, it’s time for another brew while I contemplate the day‘s activities.
I took some photos of the rotten doorway....
and the battered door.
Pretty bad, I would say, wouldn’t you?
After spending far too much time on the mobile, prompted by the constant beeps informing me of notifications this morning, I got round to setting up the table. I decided to chain it to the caravan, just in case some kids think it would be a good idea to take it away to play with. Around here, anything’s possible.
I then chose a piece of wood....
I measured and cut it down to a length of 200mm. Then marked out what needed to be removed.
As you can see, I forgot to take the photo before I started cutting the waste out, but you get the picture.
Actually, it probably gives a better impression part whittled.
After much sanding, the shape appeared.
This is the first piece of the build; the step of the cat-flap. There will be more sanding in due course, but for now, it will do.
Time caught up and I had to mission down to the supermarket where I discovered that the shelves had recovered from the insanity of the pointless media-led panic buying.