After my usual chores; collecting wood, etc., I started on the next stage. I started by choosing two pieces of wood....
which I measured and cut to a length of 238mm each. I then marked out what needed removing.
I don’t know if you can make sense of the lines I’d drawn, but it will become evident.
I then clamped a piece to the table to hold it steady while I shaved off the excess, flipping it over when necessary, and sanded it to a smooth finish. I then did the same with the second piece.
At intervals, I compared the two pieces of wood to be sure that they were as close to identical as I could make them. Eventually, I got to a point where I was happy. I then set them up to see what it all looks like so far.
Looks alright, I think. Of course, I’m setting myself up for a huge fall if I cock this all up! I have never tried to do anything like this before and I’m recording it! LOL
So, I now have the sides to the cat-flap to go with the step.