Search
  • Wizard Steve

Stable door - lower section, part 3

I had a day off for a spring clean. I opened the skylights and freshened the whole place through. I needed to get into the storage under the long bench to retrieve the wood glue and varnish. So, it made sense to have a proper sort-out while I was at it. Daniel brought water over and Barry turned up with some parcels.


The next day, I started on the lintel of the cat-flap. I chose a piece of wood and cut it down to 336mm.


I then marked what needed to be removed.



Quite a bit came off. I became so engrossed with what I was doing that I forgot to take a photo showing the ongoing shaping. Sorry!


I got so far, then ran out of 80grit sandpaper. I finished off with 150grit, then got all the parts together and set them up to see what it all looked like.



Good, eh.


I’ve bought more 80grit paper. I want to take a bit more off the ends so that they’ll be more rounded.


In the meantime, I found a length of batten....



(Oh! Hahahaha! I’ve just noticed the ruler in the picture! It was one of the useful things I found in the dumped caravan along with all the wood! Honestly!)


and set it along with the parts worked so far.


I cut the batten to 276mm, then reset.








677 views3 comments

Recent Posts

See All