top of page

Stable door - upper section, part 4

Once set, I removed the clamps and sanded back.

I then spent some time working out the dimensions for the window and how best to set it.

I cut out a frame for the glass from some 3mm ply.

I then found a old drawer face, removed the knob, drew out the Moon symbol and cut the holes out. It was when I began to work the excess back to a smooth edge that everything went awry. The brittle wood splintered and broke. Nightmare. I had to think again. I really wanted to make this piece with a single piece of wood.

It was a while before a solution appeared...

307 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



bottom of page